Sarasota-Manatee Council was chartered by the Navy League of the United States on January 27, 1956. The Council currently has approximately 150 members mainly located in Sarasota and Manatee Counties.
Our Key Activities include:
- Monthly meetings usually on the third Wednesday of each month to keep ourselves well informed regarding Sea Service issues by hearing from knowledgeable speakers.
- Support of a Navy JROTC Unit at North Port HIgh School and a Marine Corps JROTC Unit at Venice HIgh School.
- Provide support to our three adopted units: Coast Guard Station Cortez, Coast Guard Cutter Resolute and Coast Guard Cutter Brant
- Provide Support to two Young Marines Units: Venice Middle School Young Marines and Imagine School Young Marines.
- Participate in the Sarasota Memorial Day and Veteran's Day Parades, The USCGC Blackthorn Memorial each January and Maritime Day each May at Port Manatee.
- Support the Maritime Eagles Sea Cadet Unit at Manatee School of the Arts
- Conduct fundraising activities to support Council Programs.
For specific information on our yearly activities click here